Wednesday 24 May 2006

Two Significant Addresses

Old Writing back in 2006 before I left Taiwan to Australia
First Puppy since back in Australia-Aka

Finally the space is up and running, for many reasons. In less than 2 months I will again start a new stage of life, without my family to back me up, although I was never a person in need of that kind. I could still recall quite clearly the emotions I had been through at the time before I left Taiwan at the age of 16. As time goes by, I found it become harder and harder for me and might be for others to pursuite the 'ideal' life. Too difficult to give up a stable work, too difficult to give up a wealthy income, too difficult to challenge the possibilities of losing what we have at the present.

By saying the 'ideal life', one could have all kind of different opinions towards this. As to me, after working and teaching for 4 years up till now in Taiwan, I do feel more and more clear that this is definitely not the way I want to live for the rest of my life or for the next 5 years. I was just talking to one of the friends the other day, my ideal life is if I could work in different cities and different countries around the world, maybe each stay around 7 years--Seeing different places and experience the culture, appreciating the arts and learning the history. Nonetheless, I do realise that it is the ideal life of a lot of people. Hence comes the questions: 'Can you give up what you have right now?'

I can't say it is not hard for me, however, I know I would regret profoundly if I don't make up this decision at this very moment. What more can I lose? There won't be another ten years for me to pursuit my desired career and life style.

The two significan addresses here are to be remembered as the landmarks for the new dimensions of my life in the past. Each started with great uncertainties; nevertheless, all results into the most treasured memories. It is not an easy path way I have chosen, but hopefully I could always listen to my heart, be honest and have faith just like how I have been.

No comments: