Tuesday 20 December 2016

Junior log 1-12 Weeks

It's an event that I needed to see consultant before even agreed to try. Only knowing too well that it's going to be a tough task and H is too naive for the whole thing.

And just as I expected he wasn't prepared for the sickness during pregnancy. After the birth of S, still much of the caring is on me.

Went in the 22 Sep evening at 7pm, starting the process over night which hurts a lot and more than the actual contraction. till next afternoon around 5pm, doctor said we have to go into theater.

Had reaction to the epidural and was shaking really bad, H got really worried and I can hear that from his voice. Doctor asked me what music I like and I asked for Beethoven's 3rd piano concerto. S came to the world with Beethoven's music. Anesthetist is a Chopin fame, can't help to play me his collection when they are closing up the cut.

I heard S' loud cry before I saw him and he was immediately placed on my chest and turn his head to the right side, was very light and small compare with 7 weeks now. It's a strange feeling I didn't cry but felt unreal.

S puts his own thumb in his mouth 12 Nov, but was not very found of it. Flips to his back 17 Nov evening when H put him down he was on his tummy and when I went in, he was on his back.

Mum and Dad stayed for almost 7 weeks and gave us great help. Can't even start to tell how grateful I am. They really help me with the hard first few weeks though Mum reckons that S is already very easy to look after. He didn't fuss at night when we get home which is truly great.

The first vaccine was done after week 6 and we went with mum and dad. The first few weeks when he cries I can't help crying, it's very hard to explain the impulse, I guess that's what nature gave to a mum. When he starts crying after the 2nd shoot I can't help burst into tears. However, it's not that I'm worried or feel pain or upset, it's really more like an automatic reaction that's build in with motherhood.

It's been more than 3 full days since they return to TW. J and I were on our own, today I felt that we can pull through this together, we make a great team and we can do it.

It's over the 12 weeks bench mark now and S is turning 3 months soon. He is a lot easier to look after these days that he doesn't cry too much. When he cries there normally is a good reason.

His routine settles down quite a bit and makes it easy to organise my day if there is no accident, such like yesterday, his head hit the toy when doing the turning and was unsettle for the whole day. At week 12 he is more and more like a human than an animal.

Normally from 7-10:30pm is his cuddle time, only drop to nap for around 40 minutes if any and wants to play and be with us. A good play send him to bed for good over 4 hours sleep, only just learnt that from Chien-hsiu when she visited last week for 3 days with Isabelle.

Still hasn't learn to fall into sleep by himself, but now with the sling and white notes there is no more bad cry. This means he is normally on me for good 6 hours or more a day. Putting him down can be hard if on me normally sleep for good 2 hours.

H really enjoys the time with S and hurry back from work ever since he was born. If he is any less helpful this is not going to work.


No comments: